RE: UFC 3-320-06A Concrete Floor Slabs of Grade Subjected to Heavy Loads

If it is just on the slab for service or if it will have picked loads will result in a different distribution.

Tracked vehicles apply a corner load as a maximum condition.  A D8 will have a 22" wide track.  I would divide the gross weight by 2 then assume that you will have an unequal weight distribution of 2/3 to one corner of the track.

If the loader is carrying a maximum load, the track corner load will be greater by quite a margin.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

> From: d_maynard(--nospam--at)wester-wetstein.com
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: UFC 3-320-06A Concrete Floor Slabs of Grade Subjected to Heavy Loads
> Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 13:04:34 -0600
>
> I have a question concerning this publication. I am doing a floor slab
> design for a tracked vehicle, 110 kips with Cat D9 track layout. I am
> looking at Table 3-1 of this manual for Maximum Allowable Stationary Live
> Load. Do I use the entire vehicle weight, or do I use only half the load
> because there are two tracks?
>
> Thanks.
>
> David Maynard
> Gillette, WY

Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.