From: Michel [mailto:mblangy(--nospam--at)satco-inc.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 10:24 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Retaining Wall Poured Flush with Soldier Piles

Listers,

Shoring for a 6' high max. property line retaing wall is in place. The shoring contractor set the 4x lagging between the soil side of the soldier pile web and soil and not between the webs as I am accustomed to. I can either (1) design my retaining wall to span horizontally between soldier piles, or, (2) as cantilevered wall segments between soldier piles? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advcance,

Michel