RE: Retaining Wall Poured Flush with Soldier Piles

 > The new wall should not depend on the soldier piles for long-term or permanent support.

Agreed. The architect understands that the lagging is temporary, but is asking about the steel now. How long might one expect the steel to last? I understand there are several variables, but I too am curious.

Also, I am trying to explain to him that the shoring is only designed for at rest soil pressures (short term) and not active (long term). Is not this the common practice?

Michel