From: Ehrlich, Gary [mailto:gehrlich(--nospam--at)nahb.com]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 4:31 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Hold Downs With No Plywood Ductility

It's almost impossible to comment without knowing a LOT more details about the testing. Really, one can't comment without reading a full report.

Buddy Showalter, Tom Skaggs, and I could likely fill your e-mail inboxes to overflowing with a discussion of boundary conditions, wall/panel configurations, and their effects on test results. 8-)

Gary

Gary J. Ehrlich, PE
1201 15th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005
ph: 202-266-8545  or 800-368-5242 x8545
fax: 202-266-8369
gehrlich(--nospam--at)nahb.com