Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Masonry Half Stresses[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Masonry Half Stresses
- From: "Jordan Denio" <jordan(--nospam--at)AshleyVance.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 13:58:20 -0700
The IBC does away with the UBC 97 half stress design (with no special inspection) for masonry. However, Sec. 1704.5 has an exception that special inspection is not required for masonry foundation walls designed in accordance with tables 1805.5(1), 1805.5(2)….etc. These tables give very light reinforcement minimums - So light I’m sure we will always meet the minimum requirements. Is this implying that special inspection is not required for masonry foundation walls? Perhaps a broader question could be: In this case do “foundation walls” mean building retaining walls?
- Prev by Subject: RE: MacArthur Maze Fire Collapse and Reconstruction-
- Next by Subject: Mechanical Engineer wants me to stamp his M sheets
- Previous by thread: RE: Open Builiding with mesh tarp roof - Ref. Air Permeable Cladding ASCE 7-05 6.4.3 and 126.96.36.199
- Next by thread: SCBF Uniform Force Method