Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
SCBF Uniform Force Method[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: SCBF Uniform Force Method
- From: Andre Sidler <asidler(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 14:15:12 -0700
Anyone interested in helping me understand how to apply the uniform force method to a SCBF connection using a beam stub coming off the column similar to Example 3.11 of the AISC Seismic Design Manual. How my problem differs from the example is that I do not have a brace coming in at the top of the beam, just a brace coming off the bottom. I have tried several times to determine the gusset plate connection forces but every iteration I try my moments never sum up to zero (or close to zero). Anyone interested please use the member sizes and forces from the AISC Seismic Design Manual Example 3.11.
Andre J. Sidler, S.E.
Quantum Consulting Engineers
- Prev by Subject: Saving Our Historic Buildings
- Next by Subject: SCBF Uniform Force Method
- Previous by thread: Masonry Half Stresses
- Next by thread: SCBF Uniform Force Method