From: Andre Sidler <asidler(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: SCBF Uniform Force Method

Listers -

Anyone interested in helping me understand how to apply the uniform force method to a SCBF connection using a beam stub coming off the column similar =
to Example 3.11 of the AISC Seismic Design Manual.  How my problem differs from the example is that I do not have a brace coming in at the top of the beam, just a brace coming off the bottom.  I have tried several times to determine the gusset plate connection forces but every iteration I try my moments never sum up to zero (or close to zero).  Anyone interested please use the member sizes and forces from the AISC Seismic Design Manual Example 3.11.

Thanks,

Andre J. Sidler, S.E.
Quantum Consulting Engineers
Seattle, WA