Re:Damaged Calculator

Thanks to all who responded with suggestions, and expressions of sympathy and thanks also to all those who were frankly amused by my desire to repair something so inexpensive when a new one could be obtained at perhaps lesser cost.

Put me down as an eccentric fellow.
My mind, heart and soul simply rebels at the thought of casting away a perfectly good calculator whose limbs, brain, heart and soul are in perfect condition even after this act of dare devilry. Only the face is scarred.

Economy is a fetish with me. I am a fellow who does not allow his family to throw away the old tube of toothpaste when they find it difficult extract any more out of it. I use a pair of pliers or tongs and squeeze out two or three more helpings before I reluctantly cast away the old tube. Cranks like me get some weird pleasure out of all this.

Incidentally, the  mail to Calculated Industries customer service center that I had reproduced in my previous mail bounced. So now getting it repaired is out of question.

I will use it to adorn my office show case or perhaps as a good paper weight.

Regards
Vish