Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
porches in seismic areas[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: porches in seismic areas
- From: "Bob Freeman" <robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:25:50 -0700
Wood knee braces have been used successfully, by our structural office.
We also, like you, have been successful using inexpensive flagpole structures with steel posts. Steel columns, steel beams, with moment connections would also be an option.
You could use wood posts in concrete as flagpoles, but the system would not last long due to water, termite, extra-terrestrial deterioration. (Just kidding). Even if you use Redwood, or Cedar, the longevity would be a huge problem.
IDS Group, Inc.
Bob Freeman, AIA, EIT
- Prev by Subject: re: porches in seismic areas
- Next by Subject: Re: porches in seismic areas
- Previous by thread: re: porches in seismic areas
- Next by thread: Re: porches in seismic areas