Florida Structural Engineering Rules Rewrite Invitation (FAC 61G15)

Interested SEAINT members,
Please consider this invitation to help revise the rules of the Florida Board of Professional Engineers. If you contact Samantha Hobbs at the Florida Engineering Society she will get you set up on the Yahoo list serve so that you can read and comment on the revised rules posted there. I consider this a highly beneficial opportunity for myself, for engineers, and for interested parties including code officials, contractors, architects, etc. This year the Structural sections have been opened up for review. I understand that the FBPE was pleased with last year’s efforts to rewrite the Electrical, Plumbing, Fire, and General sections.

Thanks in advance.
Christopher Banbury, PE

------------------------------

The Florida Board of Professional Engineers has asked the Florida Engineering Society (FES) Constructed Environment Committee to spearhead an effort to revise the Florida Administrative Code FAC 61G15 rules for Structural engineering. The committee will be using the yahoo list serve in this effort to aid in communication as well as short monthly teleconference calls. The committee will begin its work in May with a target end date of December 2008. We are in need of additional members who have structural backgrounds. This committee will be open to non FES members to gain greater consensus and viewpoints. Please have any member of your firm who might be interested in writing the rules that govern how PE’s practice get in touch with Sam Hobbs at FES headquarters.

Sincerely,

Samantha Hobbs
Government Affairs Coordinator
Florida Engineering Society
Florida Institute of Consulting Engineers
125 S. Gadsden Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
ph: 850.224.7121 fax: 850.222.4349
www.fleng.org

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net