From: Bob Freeman [mailto:robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com]
Sent
: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:45 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Crib wall

Gary:

California ‘Cal Trans’ uses pre-cast concrete cribs extensively for road construction.  They may be a good source of design information.

I’m curious, is the ‘bulge’ due to water behind the existing concrete crib wall?

You may want to consider using Dixie Anchors as tie backs to repair the damaged wall.  This may not be the visually pleasing approach, but may be much cheaper than re-building the damaged portion of the cribs.

Respectfully,

IDS Group, Inc.

Bob Freeman, AIA, EIT

(949) 387-8500