Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 1:53 PM
Subject: RE: Damaged Calculator

Vish,

Although I am perhaps younger than most on the list, I can sympathize with you. I was raised around a machine shop environment. He was a tool and die maker. I would regularly tag along with my dad on his daily trips to the hardware store. What a collection of tools we now have. How sad it is to see what the local hardware shop has today as compared to yesteryear. My dad could/can fix ANYTHING (except an lcd).

Does anyone here remember the days when one could go down to the hardware store an get a new tube for the television? I don't, but my coworker loves to tell that story.

Michel