From: Conrad Harrison [mailto:sch.tectonic(--nospam--at)bigpond.com]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 4:09 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: C & C pressures, trusses

Thanks Scott

I think I have it figured. You are right.

The commentary mentions deriving the C&C pressures from enveloping the
extreme pressures obtained from a model rotated through 360 degrees in a
wind tunnel.

To AS1170.2 I have to work such effects out, it would typically be the
longitudinal loading which produces a symmetrical loading: I would magnify
those pressures for small tributary areas.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Conrad Harrison
B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust mailto:sch.tectonic(--nospam--at)bigpond.com
Adelaide South Australia