OT--Beer - Since when is beer off topic?

List,
I am writing to apologize for criticizing American beer two weeks ago. There was an article in the Toronto Star this week (largest circulation in Canada) about American beer saying that it has undeserved reputation up here and some other places. It said there was justification for that about25-30 years ago but since then the number of breweries has quadrupled and there are some very good beers there. It went on to name some. I intended to keep the article, but my wife threw it out. By the way how did get off the topic of beer and onto hum-drum engineering. I tried Fat Tire when I was in Las Vegas but didn't like it - tried others but can't remember their names. My favourite is still Newcastle Brown Ale (even though I am Canadian) and they had it in Las Vegas which was nice.
Cheers
Gary