Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Minimum footing steel[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Minimum footing steel
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 15:55:07 -0700
In the UBC, you could avoid minimum steel in footings if you provided 1/3rd more than required for strength.
In the new code, I think that's been stricken and you must at least comply with temp steel requirements but not per ACI 318 section 10.5.4 & You do not have to meet ACD 10.5.1 for min flex steel.
Is that the case? It's been a while since I went diving thru an ACI (college) so maybe I'm missing something.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Minimum footing steel
- Next by Subject: Re: Minimum footing steel
- Previous by thread: RE: ACI - Z cracking
- Next by thread: Re: Minimum footing steel