Re: Minimum footing steel

You may also look at ACI, Chapter 22, if applicable.

Farzin S. Rahbar, SE
David C. Weiss Structural Engineer & Associates, Inc.
In a message dated 5/19/2008 4:03:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com writes:
In the UBC, you could avoid minimum steel in footings if you provided 1/3rd more than required for strength.

In the new code, I think that's been stricken and you must at least comply with temp steel requirements but not per ACI 318 section 10.5.4 & You do not have to meet ACD 10.5.1 for min flex steel.

Is that the case? It's been a while since I went diving thru an ACI (college) so maybe I'm missing something.

TIA
-gm