Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Allowable Foundation Pressure UBC97 vs IBC06 Table 18-I-A[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Allowable Foundation Pressure UBC97 vs IBC06 Table 18-I-A
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 22:12:08 -0700
Well, in all likelihood, you're in SDC D or worse (in CA)and need a soils report anyway thanks to the new code... I've never had a soils report give me more ASBP for increasing width or depth, only differences for type of soil (fill, rock etc...) on the site.
Worked on a building in Washington State briefly and although it was SDC B, the building dept made us design it for SDC D.
Not many seem surprised to see this provision gone. I have used the increase many times and wonder if others perhaps do/do not find the increase as justied.Michel----- Original Message -----From: MichelSent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:16 PMSubject: Allowable Foundation Pressure UBC97 vs IBC06 Table 18-I-AI do not see the allowable increase of 20% for each additional foot of width or depth in the IBC 2006. Is it in there somewhere? I'm Jonesin.Thanks,Michel
- Prev by Subject: RE: Allowable Foundation Pressure UBC97 vs IBC06 Table 18-I-A
- Next by Subject: Alterations Chapter 34 2007 CBC
- Previous by thread: RE: Allowable Foundation Pressure UBC97 vs IBC06 Table 18-I-A
- Next by thread: How do you embed an image into your text in an email message?