Hold downs with "Perforated Shear Wall Method" and "Force Transfer Method"

In reading the IBC for the “Perforated Shear Wall” method of design it there are formulas for the required uplift force at the ends of the walls.  Section 2305.3.7 (before the design calculations for the method) suggests that the hold down requirements can be reduced due to the dead load on the wall as in traditional shear wall design.  Is this true.  And if so, I would assume that the same is true in using the “Force Transfer Around Openings” method.  Yes?  Examples and documents that I have for the perforated method only show the basic calculations, but don’t respond to any DL that may be present.

Thanks,

Joe