Re: Hold downs with "Perforated Shear Wall Method" and "Force Transfer Method"

2305.3.7 appears to address it to me. I have used the dead load
(reduced per the combinations) before to resist overturning on wood
shear walls with openings but I couldn't find a specific example
representing that. It would be strange for any method to completely
ignore statics and always require hold downs for wall segments.

--
Will H.