Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Post Installed Anchors in Concrete[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Post Installed Anchors in Concrete
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 13:16:27 -0700
ASCE 7-05 Section 13.4.2 item B for Rp states that Rp shall not exceed 1.5 when the post installed anchor is not prequalified for use in seismic design per ACI 355.2.
To me, this means we can use any anchor products that do not have ICC approval provided we use Rp = 1.5 in our Fp calculation and also bump up the force to 1.3 Fp since it's into concrete or masonry.
Anyone disagree with that?
- Prev by Subject: Re: porches in seismic areas
- Next by Subject: Post Tensioned Masonry Walls
- Previous by thread: RE:
- Next by thread: bullet proof concrete?