2007 cbc special seismic load combinations

I’ve been away from the list for quite some time, I have looked through the archives for messages on this topic and found none.

Should we be using the CBC Equations 16-22 & 16-23 or ASCE 7-05  section 12.4.3.2 Equations 6 & 8?

I do not find any reference in the CBC which requires the use of the ASCE equations. My confusion comes from the Seismic Design Manual Volume 2, Ex. 2 using the ASCE equations for the uplift of shear panel on a beam.

Thanks,

Mark D. Baker

Baker Engineering