Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
2007 cbc special seismic load combinations[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 2007 cbc special seismic load combinations
- From: "Mark D. Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 11:12:25 -0700
I’ve been away from the list for quite some time, I have looked through the archives for messages on this topic and found none.
Should we be using the CBC Equations 16-22 & 16-23 or ASCE 7-05 section 188.8.131.52 Equations 6 & 8?
I do not find any reference in the CBC which requires the use of the ASCE equations. My confusion comes from the Seismic Design Manual Volume 2, Ex. 2 using the ASCE equations for the uplift of shear panel on a beam.
Mark D. Baker
- Prev by Subject: RE: 2006 IBC partition loads
- Next by Subject: Re: 2007 cbc special seismic load combinations
- Previous by thread: re: fire damaged concrete
- Next by thread: Re: 2007 cbc special seismic load combinations