Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Resident Engineer Manual[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Resident Engineer Manual
- From: "Ehrlich, Gary" <gehrlich(--nospam--at)nahb.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 09:25:07 -0400
There is the HUD Residential Structural Design Guide available for free download at http://www.huduser.org/publications/destech/residential.html. It’s a bit dated as it was published in 2000, but the general guidance is still good. Obviously, any specific examples or details may need to be updated to ASCE 7-05 and IBC ’06. We also used to have a Simplified Residential Framing Guide but I don’t see it posted anywhere so I’d have to go dig a copy out.
Also APA and AF&PA have numerous technical notes, builder’s guides, details, etc. also available for download to help with both engineering and general detailing (or inspection).
Gary J. Ehrlich, PE
From: Harold Sprague
Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.
- Prev by Subject: Resident Engineer Manual
- Next by Subject: Residential Foundation Tipping
- Previous by thread: Resident Engineer Manual
- Next by thread: CBC Ch 17