Re: Tale 6-1 of ASCE 7-05

This is a guess, but hopefully a logical one.

Since wind loads are a function of V squared, and since Category I
buildings are just storage and Ag buildings, it seems likely that
they're giving a break in the Importance factor for those buildings in
the higher wind areas to reduce the overall outcome of the
calculation.

The calculated loads will still be higher in the V > 100 mph areas,
since they will be a function of V squared.

Hope that makes sense...

Chris