From: chris.slater(--nospam--at)gmail.com [mailto:chris.slater(--nospam--at)gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Chris Slater
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 2:42 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Tale 6-1 of ASCE 7-05

This is a guess, but hopefully a logical one.

Since wind loads are a function of V squared, and since Category I buildings
are just storage and Ag buildings, it seems likely that they're giving a
break in the Importance factor for those buildings in the higher wind areas
to reduce the overall outcome of the calculation.

The calculated loads will still be higher in the V > 100 mph areas, since
they will be a function of V squared.

Hope that makes sense...

Chris