Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Utility Poles for Electric Power Distribution

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

A competent Structural Engineer is responsible.






Engr. Julius Micayas

P.E. license no.32969

Project Manager/Sr lead Structural Engineer

River Consulting LLC

111 Veterans Memorial Boulevard

               Suite 1600

Metairie, Louisiana 70005

Phone - 504-841-3014 (direct)

504 837-5275 (office)

Fax - 504-837-2986

E-mail: jmicayas(--nospam--at)


From: David Topete [mailto:d.topete73(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 11:59 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Re: Utility Poles for Electric Power Distribution


The Structural engineer employed by the electrical utility.

2008/6/1 milo zabala <milozabala(--nospam--at)>:

Since we are on this subject:

Would someone clarify who is responsible for the design of utility poles used in electric power distribution? Civil/Structural or Electrical Engr?

M Zabala

----- Original Message ----
From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 10:35:13 AM
Subject: RE: Power Plants

That is a lot of information to obtain.  Good starting points: 
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers:
They develop the standards like the IEEE 693

American Public Power Plant Association:
Electric Power Research Institute:
For some of the information you requested, you will have to go to the vendors. 

Harold Sprague

Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:09:40 -0700
From: gmse4603(--nospam--at)
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Power Plants

Anyone know where there is a good online summary of things involving powerplants, substations and the like.

I'm currently interested in getting info related to High-voltage cable weights, bend radii, clamping devices, connectors/splice, isolators (for seismic) etc...



E-mail for the greater good. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.


David Topete, SE