Re: Telemarketing calls

I guess it's the difference between an engineering classroom and a "community" that's free to exchange information, technical and otherwise.

I like it.

Ralph

In a message dated 6/3/08 12:05:49 PM, boyd(--nospam--at)boydconsultinggroup.com writes:
Chris:

Are you beginning to feel the effects of the summer heat, specifically, a
lower tolerance level to non work related phone calls? Well so am I! There
is nothing technically enlightening about these emails, get it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 2:51 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Telemarketing calls

On Jun 3, 2008, at 12:52 PM, Scott Maxwell wrote:

> My biggest problem now is all that damn politically
> related calls.  We are into another election cycle and they come
> out of the
> woodwork like cochroaches with their pre-recorded messages.
You're out of luck there because political messages aren't covered by
do not call, nor are charities. I usually let caller ID screen my
call for me. The do not call complaint page wants the number and the
id of the caller if you have it. If I'm feeling especially irritated,
I do a Google search on the phone number--just the number without
going to a white pages listing--and it usually turns up what I need
in a few minutes.

chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com   | this distance" (last words of Gen.
1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/