Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
12" Hollow Core Plank Span[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 12" Hollow Core Plank Span
- From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 21:00:45 -0500
I’ve been asked to design a building that has precast hollow core plank spanning 44 feet. I’m looking for some guidance from others who have experience in longer span using hollow core plank. My past experience has primarily been 8” plank in spans under 30 feet.
Technically, by the span tables, 12” plank will span 44 feet. It takes a lot of prestressing to get it there. My concern is with serviceability issues. With using lots of prestressing am I likely to see upward creep in the plank, or is the gravity dead load usually enough to overcome upward creep? Has anyone experienced this before. What practical issues should I consider when using longer span floor plank?
Thanks for your insight.
- Prev by Subject: RE: 1 or 2 piles under a cap
- Next by Subject: Re: 12" Hollow Core Plank Span
- Previous by thread: Re: BIM
- Next by thread: Re: 12" Hollow Core Plank Span