Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
re: hollow core long span[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: re: hollow core long span
- From: "Andrew Kester, P.E." <akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:02:07 -0400
Talk with your local hollow core panels mfr, deflection becomes a big issue and they do camber them usually at the plant. We have looked through the tables, found panels that work per the table no problem, then talked with the mfr who recommended a deeper panel because the deflection and camber get to be problematic. A lot of times this info is not in their tables.
Andrew Kester, P.E.
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
1510 E. Colonial Drive, Suite 301
Orlando, FL 32803
- Prev by Subject: RE: Hold Downs With No Plywood Ductility
- Next by Subject: re: home evaluation
- Previous by thread: Earth/Paving to Wood Separation
- Next by thread: Truck Impact Load on the Wall