RE: Pile cap plate to pile connection

I am assuming that you are talking about is a cap plate on a driven H pile.  There are no requirements of which I am aware.  In fact the cap plate itself is not required for bearing as indicated by testing at Lehigh many years ago.

If you are trying to transfer tension it is a different story.  The tension forces must be transfered, but I do not know of any code minimum for welding.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

> Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:40:47 -0800
> From: dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: Pile cap plate to pile connection
>
> I have a project under construction that was designed under the 2003
> IBC. I am researching the required minimum weld for a pile cap
> connected to a driven steel pile. Is there a minimum requirement (70%)
> of pile capacity or some such ratio?

> *
> *
> * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> * site at: http://www.seaint.org

Now you can invite friends from Facebook and other groups to join you on Windows Live™ Messenger. Add them now!