Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Seismic loads using ASCE 7[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Seismic loads using ASCE 7
- From: "Dave Adams" <davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:43:38 -0700
Happy Friday, everyone!
One of the things that we are sort of struggling with here (old “zone 3” country) is that we are finding seismic loads via ASCE 7 wind up being less (sometimes uncomfortably) than what we used to calculate using the 1997 UBC. As a result, we’ve sort of adopted our own internal “company minimum seismic coefficient” that we are comfortable with. Are most people discovering the same thing and what are your thoughts?
Dave K. Adams, S.E., P.Eng.
P.O. Box 1059
Direct Line: (559) 688-5263
Direct FAX: (559) 688-8388
- Prev by Subject: Re: Seismic Foundation Loading
- Next by Subject: RE: Seismic loads using ASCE 7
- Previous by thread: Earth/Paving to Wood Separation
- Next by thread: RE: Seismic loads using ASCE 7