Re: Tornado Alley construction

I'll sum it up in one word:   NAHB

>>> On 6/6/2008 at 2:00 PM, "David Topete" <d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:

It's amazing what uplift straps and sill bolts can do to prevent a house from flying away...  Granted, I'm out here in eqk country so tornadoes (or hurricanes) are not readily designed for.  But, with all the damage from tornadoes each year, especially through "Tornado Alley," wouldn't most building departments want to scrap the IRC and its prescriptive methods (if that is the code in effect) in favor of anchor bolts and roof straps???

--
David Topete, SE