From: David Topete [mailto:d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 3:00 PM
To: SEAINT
Subject: Tornado Alley construction

http://www.journalrecord.com/article.cfm?recid=89512

It's amazing what uplift straps and sill bolts can do to prevent a house from flying away...  Granted, I'm out here in eqk country so tornadoes (or hurricanes) are not readily designed for.  But, with all the damage from tornadoes each year, especially through "Tornado Alley," wouldn't most building departments want to scrap the IRC and its prescriptive methods (if that is the code in effect) in favor of anchor bolts and roof straps???

--
David Topete, SE