30" wide catwalk

Can anyone confirm that the minimum width of catwalk used in heavy industrial (i.e. for Bulk/Material handling conveyor system) has been changed from 24” to 30” wide? One of our independent checkers made comments regarding this change.

I checked with IBC 2000, 2003 and 2006 nothing mentioned about the change.

Thanks,

Julius

Engr. Julius Micayas

P.E. license no.32969

Project Manager/Sr Lead Structural Engineer

River Consulting LLC

111 Veterans Memorial Boulevard

               Suite 1600

Metairie, Louisiana 70005

Phone - 504-841-3014 (direct)

504 837-5275 (office)

Fax - 504-837-2986

E-mail: jmicayas(--nospam--at)riverconsulting.com

W-page:            www.riverconsulting.com