Re: Wind Load on Deep Snow Profile

One other thought, as the wind presure increases, will it blow the
snow off the roof?  If the drift is parallel to the wind load, then
there is not an increase in area.  This is the typical case considered
in the code.  If the wind blows the other way, the drift is reduced.
The wind won't load the drift zone in the first place.  Any drift
caused by wind blowing the other direction will be moved again by the
new wind direction.

This really needs a picture.

Jake Watson SE
Salt lake city, UT