Re: 1985 pre-manufactured building

What specific "general notes" lead you to believe that  these existing roof rurlins will NOT comply?

--- On Wed, 6/11/08, Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com> wrote:
From: Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com>
Subject: 1985 pre-manufactured building
To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 7:10 PM

I am evaluating an existing pre-manufactured building that was designed
in 1985 under the 1982 UBC.  The roof purlins are 12 gage.  Is it safe
to assume that these are Fy = 50 ksi?  At 33 ksi, they don't meet the
loads in the General Notes.  Also, would the columns and frames be A36?
A572 Gr 50 was available then, but I am not sure if that material was
used by the manufacturers.  Would it have been cheaper to use thicker
and wider plates of A36 versus some material with Fy = 50 ksi.