Re: Truck Impact Load on the Wall

Around a year ago, IIRC, ENR reported that an errant truck had knocked a large concrete supporting column out from below an overpass on a Texas freeway.  No protective measures whatsoever!  Surprised the heck out of me; I would have thought that such critical members would be either protected or have the strength to survive such predictible impacts.  I wonder if the AASHTO requirements you mention have "always" been in effect.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA