Multi-Lat 2008 Beta Tester Availability

I have 15 openings for engineers who are currently designing residential structures (single and two family residential) that is 3-story or less (for compliance with flexible diaphragm analysis) AND who use Microsoft Excel 2007 as their spreadsheet program for the Multi-Lat™ Beta Test group. For now, users must have access to or use Office 2007 or Excel 2007. I have released the first Alpha version approximately four weeks ago and find that I do not have sufficient beta testers who are actively designing residential structures AND who use the Excel 2007 spreadsheet.

If you are located in the United States and are using the current 2006 IBC and ASCE 7-05 codes as a design code and are interested in participating, I would be happy to invite you onto the Beta team. Ultimately, the software will be stripped to be backward compatible with Officer 97-2003 as well as Sun Microsystems OpenOffice Calc software. However, due to spreadsheet style restrictions I am in need of user who also work with Excel 2007 in order to obtain feedback and comments.

Users who actively participate will be provided with a complimentary copy of the spreadsheet, including all support and access to discussion forums upon completion of the beta program and introduction of the final software to the engineering market. Those who continue to support the on-going beta team will continue to receive complimentary versions and upgrades.

Please, only those designing residential remodels and new light-framed structures 3-stories or less are invited to participate as I am in need of engineering comments and suggestions as well as reports of bugs or other non-compliance issues.

Please contact me at  my reply address of dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net and I will respond.

Dennis S. Wish, PE

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

C-41250 Exp. 3/31/09

Structural Engineering Consultant

La Quinta, CA 92253

760.564.0884 (Phone, Fax and Answering Machine)

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net

http://structuralist.wordpress.com (Multi-Lat™ Weblog)

http://www.structuralist.net