Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Property Line Retaining Wall Drainage

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Another product to consider is Hydroduct by Grace Products.  IIRC, it's a drain about 1-1/2"x6" high that sits at the base of footing, and collects water from a drainage mat product.  So, the wall is placed along the propoerty line, and you'll need adequate conc. cover near rthe drain.  The wall ends up being a litle thicker than designed.  HTH.

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Michel Blangy <mblangy(--nospam--at)> wrote:
For a toe out cantilevered retaining wall poured flush with soldier pile
shoring what are some options for providing drainage on the soil side of the
wall? Weep holes could surely be installed, however I question the
usefulness without the presence of gravel backfill.

Thanks in advance,


******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
*   site at:
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********

David Topete, SE