Separation of wood from slabs in the CBC?

Can anyone help me find the requirements in the Calif. bldg. code for required separation of untreated wood from slabs on grade?  It's 8" from exposed earth (2304.11.11.2.2) but I don't find the similar requirement for distance from a slab.

Also, is anything other than a concrete slab adequate to allow reduction of the 8" distance?  Gravel, loose pavers, brick pavers, etc.?

TIA,

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA