RE: Separation of wood from slabs in the CBC?

I believe the code prohibits contact between untreated wood and concrete/masonry. I don’t think there is any spacing requirement. I have seen contractors coat concrete with asphalt or put felt paper between the wood and the concrete to prevent contact. I think the truss companies just put a thin metal plate between untreated trusses and the masonry/concrete bearing wall.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net