Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Overstrength Factored Load exception[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Overstrength Factored Load exception
- From: ECVAl3(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:02:28 EDT
When considering portions of structure such as In-plane discontinuity shear walls, the older codes required the overstrength factor formulas to be used with an exception that the Em need not exceed the force that can be developed by the system.
Is that exception still in the IBC 2006 or ASCE 7-05? If so, where?
Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.
- Prev by Subject: Out-of-plane anchorage
- Next by Subject: RE: Overstrength Factored Load exception
- Previous by thread: RE: Ata Khan is out of the office.
- Next by thread: RE: Overstrength Factored Load exception