From: "Acharya, Suresh" <Suresh.Acharya(--nospam--at)ci.concord.ca.us>
To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Separation of wood from slabs in the CBC?

Are we talking about ***SIDING*** or ***SHEATHING***?
I have not seen the supplement, but the existing section 2304.11.2.6
already allows 6" clearance to wood ***SIDING***. Section 2304.11.2.2
does require 8" clearance to wood ***SHEATHING*** and FRAMING [except 6"
is ok for DSA/OSHPD projects when concrete slab or asphalt paving
occurs].

Suresh Acharya, S.E.