Flat Slab Punching Shear Reinf.

I am analyzing an existing slab for a change in occupancy load. The
drawings are about 40 years old and have a 9" thick flat slab with 15"
square columns. Over the columns they call for shear bars that are
bent longitudinal bars but there are not any stirrups. The "shear
bars" called for look something like this   ______/========\______.

I think I have seen bent bars like these in concrete joists to resist
shear in older drawings before. In my case, they are straight at the
bottom, then bend upwards at 45 degrees, are flat along the top over
the column, then bend down at 45 degrees and are straight again along
the bottom of the slab.

Can you use bars like this under ACI today to resist punching shear in
a flat slab? ACI talks about longitudinal bars AND stirrups but the
shear bars they call for on these drawings are just several bent bars
like I described over the columns.

WH