Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Windows Self Weight[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Windows Self Weight
- From: "Jim Lutz" <Jim.Lutz(--nospam--at)bhcconsultants.com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:13:45 -0700
Title: Windows Self Weight
Table C3-2 in the ASCE 7-05 commentary gives glass unit weight at 160 pcf. Thickness can vary quite a bit. A .75 inch thick pane would be 10 psf. 10 to 15 psf is probably in the ballpark for curtain walls. Whoever is designing the glazing should be able to give you the info you are looking for.
720 3rd Avenue, Suite 1200
Seattle, WA 98104-1820
206 505 3400 Ext 126
206 505 3406 (Fax)
- Prev by Subject: RE: WINDOWS SELF WEIGHT
- Next by Subject: Wood Difference
- Previous by thread: RE: WINDOWS SELF WEIGHT
- Next by thread: EPS supplier and retaining wall retrofit