From: Christopher Banbury [mailto:cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:56 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: EPS supplier and retaining wall retrofit

I am looking for a supplier for large blocks of construction grade EPS (say 4’x4’x8’). I have a situation where an existing masonry retaining wall requires retrofit due to inadequate vertical reinforcement. In addition to specifying a structural retrofit I am considering specifying that the backfill be partially removed and replaced with EPS to reduce the lateral soil load on the wall. I would appreciate any leads or advice.

Thanks in advance.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net