Re: I'm I just a small thinker?      P____d!

Thanks, I wasn't feeling very welcome here!  :)

I think we're saying the same thing, just in slightly different terms, and substituting "people with money" for "lawyers."  (There's a difference???)

Ralph

In a message dated 6/27/08 8:36:37 AM, chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com writes:
On Jun 25, 2008, at 12:01 PM, Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> Most active members in large national organizations are from larger
> firms, so they think in terms of larger firms, and the smaller
> firms inherently and unavoidably get shortchanged, so we just have
> to live with that, or maybe organizeorganize and/or grow into large
> firms, right?
Welcome to the 21st century.

> It's sort of like laws get written, passed, and enforced in the
> legal system by lawyers, so -- guess what! -- they're oriented
> toward lawyers who can then charge multiples of engineers' fees to
> help anyone who unfortunately gets entrapped by that selfsame system.
It's not sort of like that at all. Laws get passed when people with
money decide they want them passed and they're oriented so the same
people with money can have their asses covered at taxpayer expense.
So you get manufactured product exemptions in the engineering laws
and protective clauses and earmarks for roads to nowhere.

chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com   | this distance" (last words of Gen.
1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/