RE: www.seismicfactor.com <Warning!!>

Please be vary of using a design tool that someone else prepared!

The computation on the noted web site is substantially flawed and results in incorrect SDC determination.
The calculation completely disregards the requirements of Section 11.6 of ASCE and only uses Tables 11.6-1 & 11.6-2.
A few weeks ago I was reviewing a large DSA project. I spotted the similar wrong SDC determination. The designer had used an Excel spreadsheet prepared by a peer. The consequence was that the whole project has to be redesigned all over again.
Based on ASCE 7-05 Table 12.2-1, many of the Seismic Force-Resisting Systems are not permitted in SDC E & F!

Regards
Casey (Khashayar) Hemmatyar, SE

fromatc769(--nospam--at)gawab.com
reply-toseaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org