RE: Elevator Loads

This is great info Rick!  THX!

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:42:43 -0700
From: mohr2circle(--nospam--at)yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Elevator Loads
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

California BC 1614A.1.15modifies ASCE13.6.10 to read...

Design of guiderail support .... shall use the weight of the cab plus not more that 40% of it rated load, seismic forces shall be assumed to be distributed 1/3 to the top and 2/3 to the bottom guiding members, unless other data provided.

Seismic forces per ASCE 13.6.10.1, which takes you to 13.3.1, and specifies a minimum value of .5g.

Obviously for you primary frames and systems, elevator DL is absorbed in the building deadload and building base shear coefficient.