RE: Elevator Loads

JJ,

Just finish one for the cement plant providing an elevator used for transporting workers, equipment up to the top of the silo (160 ft). This elevator has an independent structure, wrap around with an access platform, and stairways.

Aside from the loads being provided by the elevator company, a close coordination also is required. One is for the no of access (entry/exit) and emergency stop (exit) requirements. Secondly, the anchoring system where the guide rail is mounted plays and important role in the design, transferring the magnitude of force to your structure.

I considered both live and dead in my seismic analysis noting that an earthquake can strikes even when the elevator is empty or full.

Thanks,

Julius

Engr. Julius Micayas

P.E. license no.32969

Project Manager/Sr Lead Structural Engineer

River Consulting LLC

111 Veterans Memorial Boulevard

               Suite 1600

Metairie, Louisiana 70005

Phone - 504-841-3014 (direct)

504 837-5275 (office)

Fax - 504-837-2986

E-mail: jmicayas(--nospam--at)riverconsulting.com