Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Duane Miller[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Duane Miller
- From: "Steve Gordin" <sgordin(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 16:53:45 -0700
When I started building my library here, I bought two manuals by Omer Blogett (I think, it was on your advice). I was pretty sure Mr. Blogett at the time was as much a historical legend as Timoshenko.
At a certain point, however, I called Lincoln Electric for a consultation, and, to my complete amazement, was directed to Omer Blogett. I called him more than once after that, and he even signed his books for me.
When I started designing bridges, I asked for his advice for literature in this field. He mailed me copies of several pages from Chapter 13 of "Design of Steel Structures", including that of the first page with the signatures of all authors (Bresler, T.Y. Lin, and Scalzi).
Each time we talked, he appeared not only a very bright person and an exceptional engineer, but also a real gentleman.
V. Steve Gordin, SE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Duane Miller
- Next by Subject: Re: Duane Miller
- Previous by thread: RE: Duane Miller
- Next by thread: Re: Duane Miller